– Men’s Basketball League: Our men’s team had a great time at the basketball tournament last weekend. They played well and lost in the semifinals. They also have their last game for the season on Tuesday, March 26 at 7:15 pm at St. John Lutheran Church on Mayfield Rd. Let’s all come out and show our support!
– Easter Play: We will begin practice for the Easter Play this Sunday, March 24 following service. Anyone participating in the choir or acting, be sure to join us!
– Easter Candy: We are collecting candy to fill eggs for our kid’s Easter egg hunt!! You can start bringing candy this Sunday and leave it in the box in the foyer.
– McDonald’s Trip: March has five Sundays! This means our kids will be taking a lunch trip to McDonald’s on Sunday, March 31 following service. All kids and families are welcome to come. Invite your friends!
–Girl Talk (Women’s Small Group): Our women’s group will start back up tomorrow, Friday, March 22 at 6:30 pm. If you would like to join, reply to this email or contact Brenda Conner.
– Iron Man Group: Our men’s group will meet this Sunday, March 24 at 5:00 pm. Contact Marc Wheeler or Pastor Stephen if you are interested in joining.
– The Table: Are you looking for an opportunity to connect with others on a spiritual and also relational level? Join us on Wednesday nights for dinner at 6:00 pm and Bible studies for all ages starting at 6:30 pm. With our round table discussion format it gives us the chance to truly connect with each other.
Here is our list of upcoming Easter events! Be sure to mark your calendars.
– Easter Play: Come hear the story of Jesus’ great love for us and the sacrifice that He made so that we might have new life. Through acting, singing, and live music you will feel as though you are part of the story. Performances will be Sunday, April 14 at 11:00 am & 6:00 pm. Invite your family and friends!
– Good Friday Prayer Walk: This prayerful and reflective event will be an “interactive prayer walk” with stations starting with creation and moving through the birth, life, and death of Jesus. This event is unlike anything you have experienced in a church. It is a modern spin of the stations of the Cross with artistic scenes, dynamic lighting and something to reach all your senses. The walkthrough is open on Good Friday, April 19 from 10:00 am-8:00 pm. You go through it at your own pace. Expect it to take at least 30 minutes to go through, but you can stay as long as you need.
– Easter Sunday Services: On Easter Sunday, April 21 at 10:00 am & 11:30 am, we are excited to offer two identical service times for you and your family. Each service will be approximately 1 hour long and filled with joyful songs and an encouraging sermon from Pastor Stephen. There will be activities for kids of all ages during both services. We look forward to seeing you there!
– Kid’s Easter Egg Hunt: What kid doesn’t love to get loads of candy??? At our East Egg Hunt we make it a point that every kid who comes takes home a bag loaded with candy! With over 2000 eggs to find! Our egg hunt this year will take place from 11:00-11:30 am on Easter Sunday, April 21 between our two services. Kids and families, be sure to join us for this special event! You never know what amazing things will happen!
– 3/22 – Savanna Wheeler
– 3/25 – Kadian Robinson
-Pray for Mary Evans and the family as they mourn the loss of Harold.
-Continue to pray for the Ferguson family as Kia & Kobe continue to recover. Both are doing well but still need prayers.
-Margaret Czaga-Siegel as she has been in pain recently. Barry, Margaret Czaga-Siegel’s husband, is dealing with multiple health issues. Pray for healing for him and strength for Margaret.
-Pray for marriages and families in our church.
– Pray for Ruthie Carbone’s husband as he deals with health issues. Pray for courage for Ruthie as she goes through this season.